Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Surgery's Next-what will they find?

Ok, so life's just been puttering along fairly uneventful.  After Mom took those drugs for her white blood count it jetted up to 8000 and she was able to get her third treatment of chemotherapy.  She's recovering. Her legs ached a little after the shot for the white blood cells, but Dad massaged them for her.  None of us girls could come take care of her because we all have colds or flu bugs and even though we've taken care of Mom, will she let us come so she can do her motherly duties and care for her sick children?  No, she's all worried about herself.  Go figure.  Anyway, she has surgery on the 20th of March.  A week before that she gets oral surgery to have a tooth removed.  She's having so much fun.  I thought I'd bone up on the game "Operation" just in case the doctor needs me to assist in surgery.  I'm actually curious as to what constitutes her inside.  It's tough as steel apparently because she's fought this chemo harder than anyone I've ever heard.  But, she's rotten too, so I'm wondering what kind of rotten junk she has in there.  Who knows?  It's gonna be interesting.  The doctor probably won't want me to assist cuz I needed smelling salts the one time I went into the emergency room with Sumerae (my niece) when she cut her head on a dresser jumping from the top bunk bed.  For some reason I figure they'll want to have all their attention on Mom.  Kind of like "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha"---remember when she got all the attention?  Now it's my mom.  I can't wait until this is all over and everyone can pay attention to me.  :)
Mom is really grateful for all your prayers.  She believes that's what's healing her.  Please continue because our entire family thinks so too.  You've all been so generous and thoughtful.  Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that things are moving along "well" for your mom. Can one really feel well while going through all she is? Then again she has smart %#@ children to keep her laughing!

    ReplyDelete