Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mom just became an assignment!

It's been a long time since I last posted hasn't it?  Mom's had her surgery, had her fourth round of chemo and survived even worse-Georgia went to her house to help.  All that since the last post.  She's a very busy woman!  Get this, in her surgery they only found four little cancers the size of rice.  (I'm thinking it was actually Minnesota Wild Rice that wasn't cooked thoroughly, but then you must remember that I'm not a surgeon.)
Georgia's visit was eventful to say the least.  She made Dad clean up his paperwork that was laying around everywhere holding his dust collection.  But the funniest event ever can only be achieved by Georgia.  You see when you go to Mom and Dad's house there is no bathroom downstairs where you sleep.  When I went I would have to go upstairs in the dark in the middle of the night to use the facilities located in the hallway.  They do have two bathrooms.  One is a common bathroom-which I used; the other is the Master Bathroom.  To get to the Master Bathroom (Dad's private throne) you have to go through his bedroom.  Mom, being the loud snorer she is now occupies her own bedroom and gets to use the common bathroom (it's larger and has a tub and magazine rack for her trash mags).  When Georgia came, the common bathroom was being remodeled.  So, since Dad didn't want disturbed in the middle of the night, he gave her a large bucket in which to do her business when he was sleeping.  After one night of this, Georgia let Dad know that if she was going to have to use that bucket, he was going to have to carry it upstairs and empty it.  That's all it took to get Dad to put in a toilet next to the laundry room sink and block it off.  Here I spent all my leftover energy climbing stairs after those long, hard, busy days tending to Mom, but Georgia gets the queen bee treatment!  Moral of the story---don't be nice and you'll get treated like royalty!
Georgia stayed with them for 6-7 weeks and they still have their wits about them.  Actually I imagine it's fairly quiet now.  Georgia was a great help and left to rescue Sumerae after the birth of her 4th child.
Mom had a more difficult time after the fourth round of chemo.  It's getting to her bones and she is more tired and achey.  Her sense of humor is still there though.
She has now become my weekly assignment.  I'm taking a business communication class at BYU and we have to create and maintain a blog.  It has to be extremely professional-NOT.  It just has to be a blog.  I get to be as sarcastic and mean-spirited as ever.  Feel free to add your own annoying comments-Mom loves them.  I will have to post a video.  Still trying to figure out how I'll do that since I have to make the video.  Any hints would be appreciated.
So, set back, relax and become part of my grade.  If Brother Murdock were to meet Mom and she could tell stories on me, I'd fail for sure so we'll keep her contact information under wraps!
Til next time----

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Full of funny and brimming with that special brand of Clester sarcasm. Thanks for keeping us posted, we miss you and love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps it is a good thing that you didn't say anything about the bathroom situation as your dad may have told you to enjoy the bucket or a tree outside. Then you would know for certain who his favorite daughter is (hint: the one that got the toilet installed).

    ReplyDelete