Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dang Broken Links

So, for those who have been following this blog, you may have noticed that the pictures disappeared.  Michael discovered it and told me.  When I got on, low and behold-they were indeed gone.  Never fear, I have downloaded them and reposted them, but they are arranged differently.  Guess that's what you get for copying and pasting.  Download, always download--follow the directions.
No pictures today, but.....Mom did get good news.  Her white blood count came up.  Last Thursday it was 300 and if it didn't rise she wouldn't be able to get her second shot of chemo.  Being the addict she is, she really wanted it.  Today, when she went for the blood test-yeah-1000!  I don't know if she cheated like some people do by getting fake urine for drug tests, (you know since she's an addict and all) but she gets to have her second shot of chemo on Thursday!
Lora is going to replace me helping out at Mom and Dad's.  Mom called her "Deb" today and I know it was in the most endearing way!  We both take such wonderful, loving care of her.  I just know Lora's going to beat me at drawing on Mom's head.  Mom told me I can't use permanent magic markers, but I told her when her head sweats the markers will run so they have to be permanent.  Besides, when her hair grows in if the drawings haven't faded completely, her new hair growth will cover them, right?
I think we ought to take wagers on what color and type her hair will grow in.  I'm going with black and afro-ish.  Any other thoughts?
Dad's supposed to take pictures of her getting her chemo on Thursday.  For all of those who feel badly for her, she just lays around in a nice recliner for 5 hours and has people bring her bon-bons.  You'll see.  We'll post the picture for you.  Until then, have a good one and keep her in your prayers. 

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to draw on some eyebrows... kind of feel like I'll be taking care of a Mrs. Potato Head! I could change it each day - what fun that would be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually I would cheat the tests by buying urine on craigslist. I bet that's what she did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I cheated and bought it on craigslist. And it wasn't 5 hours it was 8 hours Deb, wish it had been you. Soooo much fun.

    ReplyDelete