Wednesday, January 4, 2012

She's allowed to cook and clean! Yipee!

Ok, so here's the scoop.  Mom went to the cancer center to get information on her chemotherapy treatment today.  I'm sooooooooo glad I went along.  I don't have to work so hard now.  I get to crack the whip on her.  She's supposed to get exercise, keep up a regular routine and eat lots of small meals all day long.  Wow-I get to have my mom do the laundry again, cook lots of delicious items then get down and mop those floors.  Here I've been thinking that's what I came for!  Woo hoo-vacation time for Deb!  And since I would hate to see Mom eat alone, I get to enjoy the 8 course meals she'll be preparing for my enjoyment all day long.
Actually it was quite refreshing to hear that chemotherapy has come a long way.  They told us the possible side affects but said that most people do just fine.  We even saw a woman leaving the cancer center after treatment driving herself.  They don't expect vomiting-there's medication that takes care of that now.  They said she'd be tired the first couple days, but that the more she gets out and exercises, the better she will do.  There's a support center here that Dad and I are trying to get her to go to for activities.  The chemo takes 5 hours and she goes in tomorrow at 9:30 am.  She will get it next on the 26th and the third treatment will be February 16th.  Three to four weeks after that she will have surgery.
Good news-she skipped going in today so her spirits are up.  (I know that's because I'm here and my wonderful enthusiastic spirit is contagious!)
She has appreciated all the wonderful support.  Feel free to leave comments for her and compliment me on my wonderful blog.
Thanks for your care.
Deb
PS They said she WILL lose her hair.  I offered to style it now and give her a mohawk make-over. (Let her slowly get used to hair changes.)  She thought I was kidding-hope she's not a light sleeper :)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Grandma,
    Please cook me some fried chicken, green beans with bacon, bean soup and corn bread, and any other food stuff you can think of. You know my address already and it won't be too hard to send that stuff my way, will it?
    I expect a package soon.
    I love you :)
    Love,
    your favorite grandson
    Joshua :)

    ReplyDelete