Thursday, January 5, 2012

First day of chemo

Mom did so well getting her first chemo.  The anti-nausea medicine was hard, she had to lay down with cool rags on her head cuz she felt like she was going to faint, but the actual poisonous chemicals they put in her to fight her cancer did just fine!
While she was getting chemo, some results from her hospital stay came in and it looks like she has a blood clot on her lung.  They made her go have a CAT Scan when she finished her chemo so they can check that out.  Man, hasn't this poor woman been through enough!  I guess we should be thankful they are catching all this stuff and can actually do something about it.
Mom's spirits are good and she even had Dad stop at Burger King on their way home from the hospital because she was sooooo hungry.  She ate all but one bite of her grilled chicken sandwich!  Pretty good if you ask me.
Bad side affects---she's been really nice and appreciative.  What's with that?  Makes me wonder if I have to keep one eye open when I go to bed tonight.  Is she setting me up for something?
So far, so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment